Can I still file an extension if I (or my spouse) do not have an SSN?

Unfortunately, you and your spouce (if filling jointly) both need a Social Security Number (SSN) to e-file an extension. This is a requirement from the IRS and we do not have any way around it.

If you do not have this information you may be able to proceed with an extension by printing and mailing it, however, you will need to contact the 1-800-829-1040 for instructions on doing so.