How do I pay the taxes I owe with my extension?

The IRS provides a wide range of options for taxpayers to pay their income taxes. If you wish to send bank account information with your extension you can do so using our site. If you wish to mail your tax payment, you can find more information on where you should mail it on this page For those that want to pay with a credit card or another approved method you can find more information on this page

Note, credit and debit card payments are proccessed through third-party companies. Each processor charges the taxpayer a different amount for convenience. Convenience fees start between $2.79 and $3.95. Processors also may charge debit or credit fees that are equal to almost 3 percent of the transaction amount. The benefit of using this service is that it is posted to the taxpayer’s taxes right away.

Finally, a taxpayer can also use a personal check or money order. The money order or check must have a legible name, address, telephone number and social security number on it. It should also the tax year on it to cut down on processing time. The person can visit an authorized IRS office or send the payment in the mail to the address that was listed in the paperwork for payment.