Can I file an extension for prior years (2012, 2013 or 2014)?

We understand there are some customers who have not yet filed their taxes for previous years. While you can certainly proceed with an extension for the current tax year, regardless of if you have filled for previous years or not, we can only offer extension filings for the current year and unfortunately not prior years. In fact, under most circumstances, the IRS only accepts extensions for the current filing year and until April 15th.

If you have prior tax years you have not yet filled for, you will need to file a 1040 tax return for those years. There are a number of other services that offer prior year tax filing, at this time we do not, but your best bet may be to search on Google or Yahoo for a company who does.